Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby Food: Fruity Yogurt



I have been waiting to share my baby food recipes and I decided to do my favorite first.  Ella eats this every morning and its easy, simple and healthy.  

FRUITY YOGURT

Flavored organic yogurts can be expensive so I decided to improvise and create my own.  I make fruit purees in any combination I want then I pour the puree in baby food trays (I use these from Beaba) and I freeze them and then transfer them to bags in the freezer.  In the morning, I just heat up the fruit and add a few spoonfuls of whole milk yogurt.  

Ella's favorite fruit combo is peaches and pineapple.  Whole Foods has affordable frozen fruit so I always stock up when I am there.  Allow the fruit to thaw and then puree in a blender.  



Pour into the baby food trays.  Ice cube trays will do.  



After 15-24 hours the food should be frozen.  Transfer to bags labeled with the name and date.  



In the morning, I heat it up for about 45 seconds and add the yogurt.  Ella also loves the fruit purees mixed with applesauce.  

It's Ella approved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment